Finding reliable removalists in Sydney
What to do when searching for moving companies
Moving companies are often easy to find but searching for professional and reliable removals in Sydney is considered as one of the most stressful tasks. The last thing you would want is to have your furniture moved by non-experienced furniture removalists who will most probably damage your furniture and also over charge you at the end of your moving day.
Here are a few steps you should take when searching for a furniture removals company
When searching for moving companies on Google, make sure you look at their reviews. Although some companies have outstanding reviews, make sure you look at all their reviews and not the ones showing on top of the list only. There might be a lot of bad reviews hidden that you will not know about and do not show up on their listing. So always click on the button that says "More Google reviews" on their Google business listing to see all the other reviews of that company.
When contacting a furniture removalist don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions for example:
- Do you charge an hourly rate or fixed rate?
- What sizes are your vehicles?
- If on hourly rate do you stop for breaks and if so do you stop the clock for your break time?
- Do you charge a call out fee and or return to base fee?
- I have a four bedroom home, can you do it in one trip?
- Are your workers backpackers or Australian citizens?
- Do your workers speak fluent English?
- Do you have insurance if something breaks?
- How do you accept payment?
- Do the removalists dismantle beds, tables or other types of furniture if needed?
- Do you have a lot of furniture blankets to cover my furniture while loading?
- Is there a cancellation fee?
- Are there any hidden fees or costs I should know about?
- Do you need a deposit?
If the moving company you have chosen give you a contract to sign, make sure you read the entire contract especially the fine prints. I have heard many stories of customers being conned into paying all types of variation fees and it cost them an arm and a leg by the end of the move.
Well I hope this post gives you enough information and has helped you in any way.
If you live in Sydney and are looking for professional furniture removalists, then why not contact Australia's Best Furniture Removalists for a start.
Check out these videos about Australia's Best Furniture Removalists on YouTube!
Using a crane to bring down lounge set from second floor apartment