A moving checklist makes it easier to remember the most important things to do before the moving day.
6 weeks before your move you should...
- Make a booking with your preferred moving company.
- Sort through basement, loft and garage.
- Make proper provision for pets.
5 weeks before your move you should...
- Dispose the things you don't want to take.
4 weeks before your move you should...
- Start to prepare your mailing list of people who need your change of address.
- Notify banks, savings account/s, credit card companies, hire or purchase and rental companies.
- Start to round up passports, birth/marriage certificates and other family documents.
- Check that electrical goods will work in your new home.
3 weeks before your move you should...
- Make sure your pets vaccinations are up to date.
- Arrange for your mail to be forwarded.
- Decide whether or not to buy any new household goods.
2 weeks before your move you should...
- Start to dismantle garden furniture or any other furniture that needs to be dismantled.
- Make arrangements for connection of services at your new home.
- Find new homes for your plants.
- Pack and label all your boxes.
1 week before your move you should...
- Defrost the refrigerator/freezer.
- Plan simple meals for moving day to avoid using appliances.
- Separate luggage items you need for personal travel.
- Clean garden tools, bicycles and any other gardening equipment.
- Empty the tanks of powered tools such as mowers.
- Arrange for someone to look after children on moving day.
Sit back, relax and watch your movers do the rest...
Download and print your own moving checklist here